It applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our website at http://www.sovereigncapital.co.uk (the “Site”) or in any other way (such as over the telephone or in an email). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Sovereign Capital Partners LLP is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act and is a company registered in England under company number OC309409 and our registered office is 25 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EX, United Kingdom.
Sovereign Capital Partners LLP may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1 July 2012.
What we collect
When you visit our Site you may provide us with personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number (“Information”). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
• by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a Contact Us form on our Website or signing up to receive news, promotions, information or updates from us; and
• by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your Information in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to conduct promotions or prize draws that you have entered;
• where you have consented we may contact you with information about our products or services that we feel may be of interest to you (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive these communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or following the instructions contained in the communication).
In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third party organisations:
• if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Site. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Controlling your personal information
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Marketing Manager, Sovereign Capital Partners LLP, 25 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EX, United Kingdom. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask us not to process for marketing purposes Information we collect from you. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your Information by ticking the relevant box(es) on the form(s) we use to collect your Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we store your personal data